[Samba] Samba4 provision, change private dir?

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Tue Oct 28 23:27:04 MDT 2014

Just a quick follow up to this question:

The Samba4 packages I have (Sernet) default the provision private dir to
/var/lib/samba/private, with the smb.conf file planted in /etc/samba.  Once
I start the samba deamon, it seems to copy most of the tdb files into
/etc/samba, but I'm not sure why it's doing this and if it's leaving some
pieces back in /var/lib/samba/private.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks,