[Samba] Samba4: "­MYDO­M\Administrator" qui­te us­eless on a member

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Oct 28 00:50:41 MDT 2014

On 27/10/14 22:29, Rowland Penny wrote:

> This is a valid question and no the 'Administrator' is not useless on a
> memberserver, you need him (her ??) as a bridge to the root user from
> windows, this is what the smbmap is for,

Hi
Maybe a slightly different slant would help?
I think part of the problem is thinking of the windows administrator
being equivalent to root on Unix. They're not. root can do anything and
go everywhere. It is a local only account. There are two windows
administrators on each domain machine and neither can do much without
authorising them. Unix knows nothing about SIDs and windows nothing
about uid=0.