[Samba] Samba 4 AD - Migration - Classic Upgrade

Garth Lancaster garthl at dcdata.co.za
Mon Oct 27 01:26:57 MDT 2014

Hi There

Sorry if this has been answered before but I cant seem to find info on this.

Samba 3 - Samba 4 AD migration. The domain is for example : abc.org.za .

Can we still retain the abc.org.za? Will the "dots" cause any issues?

When I did try this, the DNS seemed to have issues. By this I mean the Wiki DNS checks showed the records didn't exist (Samba Internal DNS). We did try join a PC to the domain to test but the domain wasn't found. Also the PC couldn't resolve the domain even with correct DNS IP set.

Regards

Garth Lancaster

LinuxTech t/a DcData
CK number: 2001/058368/23