[Samba] Red Hat Implementation of Samba 4???

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 19:28:55 MDT 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Greg Zartman <gzartman at koozali.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know what Red Hat/Centos is going with Samba 4?  I've looked at
> their packages in COS 6.5 and 7 and it doesn't make sense.  They seems to
> be doing some kind of watered down or modified version of Samba 4 with some
> of the tools disabled.
>
> Are they still holding off from full AD implementation in their packages
> because of the MIT Kerberos issues identified in previous discussions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Greg J. Zartman
> Board Member for the Koozali SME Server

You're quite welcome to play with my 4.1.xx RPM building tool kit at
https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo and the related repositories
there. I don't have a big enough test environment to really test out
the AD builds, I just did it as an exercise in "how do I get this into
RHEL and Scientific Linux"?