[Samba] LDAP proxy auth

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Sat Oct 25 13:33:54 MDT 2014

During my test phase I used to manage POSIX attributes in my AD using
ldap-tools with -Y GSSAPI after kinit Administrator. Now this became
impossible unless I logged in as Administrator, since the principal is
tied to the user account - be it only for NFS4. ;) Administrator so far
is not even a POSIX user.

My first idea was to join my POSIX user to some group, which is allowed
to modify user data. Does samba4 recognize this? And which group would
be the correct one?

Alternatively, is there a way to simple bind with Administrator access
rights?

Thanks for your help,
- lars.