[Samba] Aix 7.1 + Samba 3.60 + W2003 AD can not access shares

ORTEGA DOMINGUEZ, GONZALO gonzalo.ortega at aernnova.com
Thu Oct 23 05:33:08 MDT 2014

Hello,

I have installed and  configured Samba 3.6.0 joining a Windows 2003
server domain.

wbinfo -u works fine but when I try to access a share I get the
following error :

Failed to find authenticated user  via getpwnam(), denying access

Aix client is connecting the DC over a VPN.

This is my krb5.conf :

[libdefaults]

        default_realm = MYDOMAIN.COM

        default_keytab_name = FILE:/etc/krb5/krb5.keytab

        clockskew = 300

[realms]

        MYDOMAIN.COM = {

                kdc = dc.mydomain.com:88

                admin_server = dc.mydomain.com:749

                default_domain = MYDOMAIN.COM

        }

[domain_realm]

        .mydomain.com = MYDOMAIN.COM

        mydomain.com = MYDOMAIN.COM

[logging]

        kdc = FILE:/var/krb5/log/krb5kdc.log

        admin_server = FILE:/var/krb5/log/kadmin.log

        kadmin_local = FILE:/var/krb5/log/kadmin_local.log

        default = FILE:/var/krb5/log/krb5lib.log

And this is my smb.conf :

[global]

        workgroup = MYDOMAIN

        realm = MYDOMAIN.COM

        server string = AIXCLINT

        netbios name = aixclient

        encrypt passwords = yes

        security = ads

        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

        dos filetime resolution = yes

        debug level = 99

        max log size = 1000

        winbinduid = 30000-40000

        winbindgid = 30000-40000

        winbind enum users = Yes

        winbind enum groups = Yes

        winbind separator = +

        winbind use default domain = yes

        read only = No

        lock directory = /var/locks/samba

        password server = dc.mydomain.com

        panic action = "/usr/bin/sleep 90000"

      bind interfaces only = Yes

      interfaces = en1

     use sendfile = Yes

     show add printer wizard = No

[TMP]

  comment = TMP

  path = /tmp/MYUSER

  valid users = "MYDOMAIN+MYUSER"

the same configuration on an AIX 5.3 client in the LAN works fine.

I have unjoined and joined to the domain with many changes in Kerberos
and smb.conf but no success.