[Samba] Samba member server behavior if WAN down ?

Le Duf' aKa DemY public at ledufakademy.fr
Wed Oct 22 07:24:33 MDT 2014

Le 21.10.2014 20:02, Rowland Penny a écrit :
> On 21/10/14 18:11, Public Le duf' aKa Demy wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> we do not have DC on local site.
>> the problem is not to have separate box for DC.
>> The problem is that samba/winbind, do not reconnect to domain and do
>> not retrieve correct ACL we the WAN link is up again.
>>
>> We need to manually restart nas server.
>>
>> thank for your help,
>>
>> Le 21/10/2014 09:38, Sébastien Le Ray a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I guess the solution would be to have a local domain controller to
>>> authenticate against. But with samba < 4.2 this is quite difficult
>>> because of the very partial winbind implementation on Domain
>>> Controllers which forces you to have a separate box to be domain
>>> controller…
>>>
>>> Regards

> Are you sure that this is not a problem with the NAS ? have you tried
> asking on the synology forum ? does the NAS have a fixed ip ?
>
> Rowland
Yes it's a fixed IP(a server ... so).
Synology ? they dig but found nothing.
This issue is on their support web site but no answer ...

it' why i want to know if the samba team (ou someone else) have tested
samba 3.6 as member server when the wan link is up and 1 or 3 hours
later up again !
--
_LE DUF' AKA DEMY_

Site : http://www.ledufakademy.fr