[Samba] Cannot add ACL through windows client

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:54:48 MDT 2014

On 22/10/14 14:34, Zoddo wrote:
> Yes, the user exist in //etc/passwd/ and in the samba database with
> the same password.
> The user doesn't exist on the windows machine. I just want add a
> permission on directories/files for an another user that exist in the
> unix/samba database.

You are running a workgroup and if you attempt to connect to a samba
share, you will probably be asked who to connect as, at this point, you
can use a username & password of a user that samba knows and you should
be connected as the samba user. If you now try to change the ACL's of a
file on the share from windows and try to use a windows user that is
unknown to samba, this will fail because, to samba, it is an unknown user.

Rowland