[Samba] 4.1.11/DebianWheezyBackports vs. 4.1.12/Sernet

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Wed Oct 22 04:29:35 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I wonder if there are any pro/cons between

using Samba4 of Debian's official Wheezy-backports repository which actually is version 4.1.11

-or-

using Samba4 of Sernet's official repository which actually is on version 4.1.12

I understand that Sernet's package at that moment is more recent, but recently I had an issue which was Debian/Samba4 related and unfortunately I made the experience that no help was offered on freenode's irc-channel #debian to me with the reason that "Sernet" is *NOT* supported. They adviced me to use Debian-packages and/or use Wheezy-Backports for more recent packages. I thought about if I have any (dis-/)advantages when using Debian Wheezy Backports for obtaining the samba4 packages in future. Are there any pro/cons ? Please explain to me and what you suggest me to use. Thanks a lot

Mirco