[Samba] samaba 4 vs active directory
hartnegg at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Oct 21 14:29:35 MDT 2014
On 13.10.2014 19:51, Ahmed Khalil wrote:
> I go to samba which feature may I lose or still have bugs
Basic functions work, extended features not:
- SYSVOL is not replicated.
- Domain-Trust works only in one direction.
- DFS works only in stand-alone mode, not domain-based.
- DFS-R is not implemented.
- RODC is not fully implemented.
- Cluster filesystems destroy TDB files, must use CTDB instead.
- but CTDB does not work on AD-DC.
- Winbind does not work on DCs.
And many Linux distributions still do not support it well:
- Samba on Fedora/Redhat/CentOS does not support AD-DC mode.
- Samba on Ubuntu does not have CTDB (i.e. no cluster support).
- Sernet does not offer a package for CentOS 7, only for 6.
More information about the samba