[Samba] Samba4: Setting up share/­security permissions for ­shares on member ser

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Tue Oct 21 12:08:27 MDT 2014

> OK, edit smb.conf on the member server, add this line:
> username map = /etc/samba/smbmap
> Now create the smbmap file:
> nano /etc/samba/smbmap
>
> !root = EXAMPLE\Administrator EXAMPLE\administrator Administrator
> administrator
>
> Change 'EXAMPLE' for your workgroup name
>
> This will map the windows Administrator to the Unix root user (which is
> what you want/need)
>
> Restart samba daemons and you should now find that everything will work
> better ;-)
>
> Rowland

Hi Rowland and thanks for your feedback. That works now only if I am logged in at the Windows machine with MYDOM\Administrator account. Thanks so far. Is there any way, so that is possible for "MYDOM\Domain Admins", too? Because I don't think we (=the domain admins) want to log out of our windows machines and relogin using the default MYDOM\Administrator account when we need to modify/apply security settings on shares.

And why isn't that documented on the wiki? *confused_looking*

Mirco