[Samba] Samba + CUPS

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Tue Oct 21 09:34:29 MDT 2014

On 17:32:18 wrote L.P.H. van Belle:
> I use CUPS, Raw, point and print  setup.
> i have HP printers, and before you can upload the printer driver jou
> must disable SNMP communication in de driver, If you forget this,
> you wont be able to upload them. there is a HP tool for this. and i
> use the global drivers.
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server
>

> If you have Xerox printers, wel.. Xerox says.. get an windows server,
> so im removing my Xerox printers from my network.
> and tip...
>
> Install the windows X64 drivers from a Windows x64 pc.
> same for X32 install from x32 windows.
>
> and the biggest tip...
> Since Debian Jessie is still in development... if you setup works
> now. freeze it, keep it until Jessie gets stable.
> last.. to get snmp working with the printer drivers, someone has
> posted something on the list about this, but you need to search for
> that..
Look down under ;-)

> Louis

Betreff: Re: [Samba] samba print server and windows driver snmp request
Datum: Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2014
Von: cyril at toile-libre.org
An: samba at lists.samba.org

Hi,

this method has answered my question

In the smb.conf global section use

enumports command = /var/scripts/listports.sh

create the script /var/scripts/listports.sh and make it executable :

#!/bin/bash
echo "printer1"
echo "printer2"
echo "printer3"

Now, It's possible to use the printer hostname or ip address

Now, samba don't just show the only one Samba local port for all the
printer and i can associate one printer to one port.

Now the SNMP query of the windows driver now can have an anwser from
the printer.

:)

Cyril
--