[Samba] Is the samba-dc package on Centos 7 gimped?

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Mon Oct 20 14:11:45 MDT 2014

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014, Rowland Penny wrote:

> Thank you very much for explaining that Simo, the information available (well
> what I could find with a quick search) just basically says 'you cannot have a
> samba4 DC on RHEL', even the text message in the 'DC' rpm isn't that
> informative, it really needs a combination of that message and what is
> written above.

Sernet has Samba DC RPMs for RHEL 6 which work fine.  I believe they are
including Heimdal kerberos in their RPM.  Unfortunately they don't have
any packages for RHEL 7 yet.

http://www.enterprisesamba.com/samba/

I found them by the link on the samba.org download page, so they seem to
be at least semi-officially approved.