[Samba] Is the samba-dc package on Centos 7 gimped?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Oct 20 11:36:15 MDT 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 11:39:03AM -0400, Sonic wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Rowland Penny
> <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> MIT Kerberos was, and remains, the reference Kerberos stack, so the
> >> reluctance to migrate from it is understandable.
> >
> > So what,
>
> If "MIT Kerberos was, and remains, the reference Kerberos stack" why
> doesn't Samba just work with it? Why should any distro using it have
> to do anything special?

Originally there were some missing features/API calls that
were easier to add to Heimdal (and the Heimdal source got
imported into Samba to do just that, which we'd eventually
like to get rid of and just depend on upstream).

There is active work going on to make Samba4 work with an
MIT kdc out of the box, and as I said the ultimate goal
is to get Samba out of the kdc-source-code business :-).

Jeremy.