[Samba] winbind/idmap issue on samba4 member server

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Mon Oct 20 10:23:23 MDT 2014

> Hi, I think that you are falling into the 'winbind on the DC != winbind
> on the client' problem.
>
> On the DC, winbind is built into the samba daemon and does not have the
> same capabilities of the separate winbind daemon that is in use on your
> member server. This is the main reason that it is not recommended to use
> the DC for anything other than authentication.
>
> Rowland

Hi Rowland,

can you explain what I should do, I think I didn't understand you, I'm sorried. Did you mean I should remove winbind from /etc/nsswitch.conf (and the symbolic links in /lib64) on my DC1 and DC2 ? I want to use DC1 and DC2 only for authentication, that was my intension. That's why I installed an extra samba4 host which should have the fileshare role. Please be patient with me. Thanks a lot.

Mirco