[Samba] Samba 4.2rc2 and winbindd

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 18 11:06:55 MDT 2014

On 18/10/14 17:32, steve wrote:
> On 18/10/14 17:26, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> OK, so I have compiled 4.2rc2 in a VM to test it. Now I thought that by
>> using the new winbindd
>
> Have the startup instructions changed?

No (well as far as I know) , you just start the samba daemon and this
starts smbd (as before) and winbind (separate daemon).

As far as I am aware, 4.2rc2 is based on what is in master, but master
at the time of release.

My DC's (4.1.11) run 'winbind' from server services, 4.2rc2 runs
'winbindd', this is (as far as I am aware) the same winbind that is
running on my 4.1.6 client and as such, I have set it up in the same
way. If I have set it up incorrectly, then could somebody point me at
the instructions on how to use it.

Rowland