[Samba] Office Words 2013 Crash from time to time

Min Wai Chan dcmwai at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 11:04:21 MDT 2014

Dear All,

I wonder if there are something to do with CSC (client side cache)
I've read something on the different implementation on different windows
server version

Since I'm using Both RUP and Folder redirection...
I wonder if I should try to disable CSC...

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Win2K3 and below
When RUP (Roaming Users Profiles) Enable CSC need to be disable
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287566
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842007

but on 2008 and above
There are some more setting which meant you can enable CSC
The same with folder redirection.

   - Fast first logon
   - Usually Offline support with Background Sync
   - Exclusion List
   - Transparent caching

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg277982(v=ws.10).aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff183315(v=ws.10).aspx