[Samba] Samba 4.2rc2 and winbindd

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Oct 18 10:30:12 MDT 2014

On 18/10/14 17:26, Rowland Penny wrote:
> OK, so I have compiled 4.2rc2 in a VM to test it. Now I thought that by
> using the new winbindd a lot of the old problems would be gone. I have
> created a new user, given him a uidNumber and the loginShell &
> unixHomeDirectory attributes, I have also given Domain Users a gidNumber.
>
> if I run 'getent passwd rowland' , I get this:
>
> rowland:*:10000:10000:Rowland Penny:/home/%D/%U:/bin/false
>
> It is basically just the same as before, the loginShell &
> unixHomeDirectory attributes are still not being pulled from AD.
>
> The same command run on a 4.1.6 client against my domain DC's, does pull
> all the rfc2307 attributes.
>
> Anybody any ideas where I go from here?
>
> Rowland

Rowland, we've no time for a separate test on the rc but we do have a
git master in a VM. We maybe able to pull that and see if it pulls
IYSWIM. Can anyone confirm that what's in Master corresponds in anyway
with the rc?

Whilst we're here, has anyone tested the sysvol replication or DC
demote. O sea, is there a list of what there is in the rc to test against?
Cheers,
Steve