[Samba] "force user" option with NT4 domain

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Oct 17 12:51:33 MDT 2014

On 10/17/2014 2:39 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 17/10/14 19:32, Bowie Bailey wrote:
>>>>
>>> Sorry mate. We can't guess.
>> Let me be a bit clearer.  I have not set any acls on the files and I
>> do not know how to either set the acls or list them.  If you give me
>> the command to show the acls, I'll take a look.
>>
>> Since I was the one who set up the original file share, there should
>> not be any acls unless they were created automatically in some way.
>>
> OK, make sure that you have the 'attr' package installed and then run
> 'getfacl /home/shares/public/public' , post the output of this command.

# getfacl /home/shares/public/public
# file: home/shares/public/public
# owner: pcguest
# group: pcguest
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::r-x

I also created a brand new share as a test case with the exact same results:

[test]
    path = /home/shares/test
    public = yes
    writeable = yes
    browseable = yes
    force user = pcguest

# getfacl /home/shares/test
# file: home/shares/test
# owner: pcguest
# group: pcguest
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::rwx

It doesn't seem to be related to file permissions.  If the permissions
are wrong, I get "access denied".  I only see the error about the
security ID structure when the I add the "force user" option to the share.

--
Bowie