[Samba] DNS Issues when joining a Domain as a DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Oct 16 05:26:24 MDT 2014

the debian version os samba in backports 4.1.11
does not create the DC Hostname  not correcly  in the DNS.
the first DC is ok, but every other join is missing important dns settings.

I advice to use sernet samba version 4.1.12 which works perfect for the DC Servers.
A member server can be samba backports.

i have tested this a week ago.

you may want to try my scripts or have a look in the scripts what is done there.

https://secure.bazuin.nl/scripts/

Greetz,

Louis