[Samba] Continuous Normalisation error for attribute whenCreated when performing dbcheck

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Oct 16 05:21:48 MDT 2014

yes..

the attibute "whenCreated" is not synced ( correctly)
there is a bug report of this.

you can use this script: ( original created by Mourit Jan of the samba list )

used on debian/ubuntu

#!/bin/sh

## the email adress to report to.
SETMAILREPORT=your at emaildomain.tld

## First DC ( hostname or ipadres ) ( The DC with the FSMO Roles )
SETDCFSMO="dc1"
## Second DC ( hostname or ipadres more then 2 DC's, separated by space )
SETOTHERDCS="dc2"

SETSAMBATOOLS=`which samba-tool`
SETREMOVELOG=yes

for x in $SETOTHERDCS ; do
    $SETSAMBATOOLS ldapcmp --filter="whenChanged" ldap://$SETDCFSMO ldap://$SETO                                                                                                                                THERDCS  -d0 2>&1 > /tmp/samba_ldapcmp_checkdb
done

if grep -q FAILURE /tmp/samba_ldapcmp_checkdb; then
   cat /tmp/samba_ldapcmp_checkdb | mail -s "FAILURE ldapcmp between $SETDCFSMO                                                                                                                                 and $SETOTHERDCS" $SETMAILREPORT
fi

if [ $SETREMOVELOG = yes ]; then
    rm /tmp/samba_ldapcmp_checkdb
fi