[Samba] DNS Issues when joining a Domain as a DC

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Oct 16 05:12:45 MDT 2014

My /etc/krb5.conf  on both of my DCs
[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
        default_realm = TPLK.LOC
        dns_lookup_realm = true
        dns_lookup_kdc = true
        ticket_lifetime = 24h
         renew_lifetime = 7d
        forwardable = true

[realms]
 TPLK.LOC = {
  kdc = first-dc second-dc
  admin_server = first-dc.TPLK.LOC second-dc.TPLK.LOC
 }

[domain_realm]
 .tplk.loc = TPLK.LOC
 tplk.loc = TPLK.LOC

So I think you did :
ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb '(invocationid=*)' --cross-ncs
objectguid---and steps too.

So if you remove the entry from resolv.conf on your new DC which points to
your first dc nothing get resolved?
And you do on your new dc: nslookup ex:
nslookup
> s4slave
Server:         192.168.135.253
Address:        192.168.135.253#53

Name:   s4slave.tplk.loc
Address: 172.17.1.2
Name:   s4slave.tplk.loc
Address: 192.168.135.253
Name:   s4slave.tplk.loc
Address: 192.168.132.241

This should point you to the first nameserver in your resolv.conf
(Server:your.new.dc!?)

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus