[Samba] "force user" option with NT4 domain

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Oct 15 15:00:17 MDT 2014

I've read a fair amount about this problem online, but have yet to find
a solution.

I have a CentOS 7 server running Samba 4.  It is connected as a member
to an NT4 domain.  I have migrated over the configuration from an old
Samba 2 server that I am trying to replace.

Everything works except for the shares that have a "force user" option.
When it is there, I get an error on the Windows box saying "The security
ID structure is invalid."  If I remove the option, the share works
except that it is being accessed as the wrong user.

Someone suggested to put the user in the "valid users" list as well as
"force user".  This has no effect.

The share in question looks like this:

[public]
    comment = Public Share