[Samba] Home directory on linux client of Samba4 domain

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Oct 14 11:40:03 MDT 2014

On 14/10/14 19:19, dnl wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been trying to allow all domain users to log onto a Ubuntu client
> that is joined to a Samba 4 domain, and have that basic functionality.
> However, this does not give each domain user their own home directory,
> even when using pam_mkhomedir.so, because the home directory, returned
> by getpwnam, is the root directory.
>
> I am now stuck, so would be grateful for any guidance. I have used the
> realm package, rather than PBIS (likewise-open).

Hi
Un-join the domain with Likewise, add the unixHomeDirectory attribute to
your domain users wherever you want their home directory to reside.
If all your users have a folder in a certain pattern, it may be possible
to use one configuration for them all. Join the domain with a correctly
configured smb.conf. Then there's a choice of how to retrieve the nss
information. We can then help you.
Needinfo.
HTH,
Steve