[Samba] Problem editing sam.ldb [Solved]

pug at felsing.net pug at felsing.net
Tue Oct 14 01:38:49 MDT 2014

Hi Steve,

thank you for that hint. Complete solution was:

# samba-tool dbcheck
tons of replication errors regarding attibute with duplicate OID, even
--fix does not work

# service samba4 stop # same on other DCs
# samba-tool fsmo seize --role=schema # this one was already master
# ldbmodify -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb --option="dsdb:schema
update allowed"=true correction.ldif
# samba-tool dbcheck
no more errors, domain is fully operational again.
# service samba4 start
# samba-tool dbcheck # again, so it is still ok
on other DCs: # service samba4 start
# samba-tool dbcheck # again, so it is still ok

Yes I know - this is very dangerous and may kill complete domain so
that was tested on a test system first and there is no room for any
mistakes.

best regards
Christian