[Samba] Problem editing sam.ldb

Christian Felsing pug at felsing.net
Mon Oct 13 01:15:17 MDT 2014

Hello,

on Samba 4.1.12 server ip6.test.lan I tried to correct a mistake in schema,
because there is a wrong OID:

# ldbedit -e vim -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
'cn=Schema,cn=Configuration,dc=test,dc=lan' '(cn=myxxxAllowSend)'

Result is:

schema_data_modify: we are not master: reject request

failed to modify CN=myxxxAllowSend,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=auth,DC=lan -
schema_data_modify: we are not master: reject request

This host is master, so I do not understand error message above.

# samba-tool fsmo show
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=IP6,CN=Servers,CN=FFM01,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=lan
RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=IP6,CN=Servers,CN=FFM01,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=lan
PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=IP6,CN=Servers,CN=FFM01,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=lan
DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=IP6,CN=Servers,CN=FFM01,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=lan
SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=IP6,CN=Servers,CN=FFM01,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=lan

Any hints? Is there a way to force that change?

best regards
Christian