[Samba] Samba 3 PDC to WS2012 AD migration

Vladimír Bednář bednar at pccomp.eu
Thu Oct 9 08:34:11 MDT 2014

Hi,

I watched samba instructional videos at
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/videos , in the last video, the
guy joining the WS2008R2 server to the Samba domain unchecks DNS
replication because he can leave it on Samba machine.

I need to transfer also the DNS server so I can demote the samba pdc
from being a controller and make it just a domain member. Is there a way
to do it?

Linux: Centos 6.5, Samba 4.1.12-9, bind 9.8.2-0.23.rc1
Windows: WS 2008 R2 SP1

Thank you.