[Samba] Permission denied but ok?...

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Thu Oct 9 04:12:59 MDT 2014

Meike Stone wrote:
>> The log for the past hour looks a bit odd... why so many module reloads?
>> wouldn't they load once?
>>
>> Also I've never seen the "New VC == 0, if NT4.x compatible we would close
>> all old resources."
>>

> Are the clients access to the samba server behind a NAT Gateway?
> Please check if "reset on zero vc" is not set in smb.conf !

----
    The client I showed the log on has a direct connect to the server --
literally
a 10Gb ethernet that goes into into each.

Maybe I should try the reset on zerovc=1 to see if helps or hurts.

Also, maybe I should inspect the length of the cable for kinks or
problems.... ;-)

Thanks for the pointers.