[Samba] Permission denied but ok?...

Meike Stone meike.stone at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 8 04:34:33 MDT 2014

> The log for the past hour looks a bit odd... why so many module reloads?
> wouldn't they load once?
>
> Also I've never seen the "New VC == 0, if NT4.x compatible we would close
> all old resources."

Are the clients access to the samba server behind a NAT Gateway?
Please check if "reset on zero vc" is not set in smb.conf !

for explanation see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee441661.aspx
Samba decide to "servers MAY be configured to bypass special
processing of VcNumber zero over connection-oriented transports"
with this option. A wise decition, that is missing in M$ Server OSs ...

Meike