[Samba] Samba4 Exporting a DER

Neil nwilson123 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:25:56 MDT 2014

Hi guys,

I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm trying to install a Zimbra
password extension so that users who aren't joined to my Samba4 domain
have a method to reset their passwords via the Zimbra Webmail and part
of the setup requires the exporting of the domain controller DER.

These are the instructions...

As root, create the /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/adpassword directory
As root, copy adPassword.jar into /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/adpassword/
As root, import the DER domain controller certificate into the trusted
keystore/opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts
Restart Zimbra

Configure authentication settings for your domain

Open the Zimbra Administration console
Select External LDAP as authentication mechanism
Type the LDAP URL and check Use SSL
Type samaccountname=%u in the LDAP filter field
Specify cn=users,dc=SERVER,dc=EXT in the LDAP search base field
Check Use DN/Password to bind to external server
Enter the Bind DN cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=SERVER,dc=EXT and its password
If Test past, click Finish
Assign the new change password listener ADPassword

This is the full URL to the extension...
https://gallery.zimbra.com/type/extra/adpassword

Does anyone know how to export the DER from a Samba4 domain
controller? I can't seem to find much info at all about this.

Thanks.

Regards.

Neil Wilson.