[Samba] Rejoining a domain as a DC

Marcelo Zabani mzabani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 06:28:06 MDT 2014

Maybe I should've, but I don't really understand AD so well :(

Could that be the reason for all the problems I listed? If I demote the
win2k3 server now that they're not even synchronized anymore, will samba
work on its own automagically? I'm specially afraid of the DNS problems
(why doesn't samba advertise itself as a DC? Why can't I manually add DNS
records?).

Thanks for the help,
Marcelo.