[Samba] Sysvol replication with Unison for more than 2 server.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Oct 7 07:48:54 MDT 2014

Putting you home folder on sysvol wil mess up the needed acl's and you wil have lots or problems.

and it is very adviced to not useing a DC as file server.
install a member server and put your files on that server.

only 1 server ( aka hardware ), get XEN server ( its free and easy ) google for it.
and install 2 DC's and 1 file server.
only thing you need is about 16Gb Ram. about 2-4Gb XenServer, 2 x 4 GB for the DC's.
last 4GB for you member server. and since ram is cheap..

I've done some testing on a Dell Vostro 230 ( Pentium G cpu, 2x2.8Gz.)
on 1 sata disk and even that is ok in performance.
Just dont use a setup like this in a production environment.

Louis