[Samba] CTDB load

Orlando Richards orlando.richards at ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 6 09:48:52 MDT 2014

Anyone fancy commenting on measuring load on ctdb?

If I do 'ctdb statistics', I get a bunch of numbers back. The one I've
picked on to look at as a general indicator of load is "total_calls".
This is incrementing at the rate of 3,000 - 10,000 per second on my
cluster nodes. Any thoughts on the relevance of that number as a general
load metric, and what you'd expect to "normally" see the rate that that
number increases by in ctdb?

        Dr Orlando Richards
Research Facilities (ECDF) Systems Leader
        Information Services
    IT Infrastructure Division
        Tel: 0131 650 4994
      skype: orlando.richards

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.