[Samba] Windows WORKGROUP lowercase letters

Chris De Bug krskst at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:52:27 MDT 2014

Hello guys!
When I join win7 or winxp machine in the samba 4.1.2 in My Computer the workgroup is shown with lowercase and the host part of the host is capital letters, I don’t have this strange behaviour when join machines in my domain powered by samba 3.5. Usually the workgroup must be shown in capital or I make mistake somewhere. FYI everywhere in the conf the realm is written with capital letters, reinstalled 2 times the samba 4.1.2 and same thing.