[Samba] New group membership not taken into account on member servers

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Oct 5 12:33:43 MDT 2014

On 05/10/14 20:12, Sébastien Le Ray wrote:

> Le 05/10/2014 19:30, Hans-Kristian Bakke a écrit :
>> I will switch from winbind to SSSD when I upgrade our systems to
>> jessie at work. The migration needs to be planned a bit though, as I
>> wan't to use the UID and GID native to SSSD instead of the RID-based
>> ones I needed for winbind, so some scripting will be needed.
> Does that mean that you don't use rfc2307 attributes or that they're not
> supported ?

No. You stay exactly as you are with rfc2307 in the directory.
> I also read that wheezy sssd isn't compatible with wheezy-backports samba4…

On Debian and Ubuntu, disable winbind and just build your own:
https://fedorahosted.org/released/sssd/sssd-1.12.1.tar.gz

The configuration is really simple:
http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/sssd-ad-backend-with-samba4.html

HTH,