[Samba] New group membership not taken into account on member servers

Hans-Kristian Bakke hkbakke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 11:30:41 MDT 2014

I am testing the AD-configured SSSD as a replacement for winbind with
the SSSD-version currently in Debian Jessie now, mainly because of
this issue which gets annoying when you have many groups to implement
finely grained resource access control mechanisms. Currently I have no
issues for my usage which is acting as domain members in a Windows
Server 2012 R2 based domain with kerberized SSO for SSH, sudo based on
domain groups and using domain groups for Samba4 and SSH access
control. Unless I notice some showstopper issues in my ongoing testing
I will switch from winbind to SSSD when I upgrade our systems to
jessie at work. The migration needs to be planned a bit though, as I
wan't to use the UID and GID native to SSSD instead of the RID-based
ones I needed for winbind, so some scripting will be needed.

For Debian Jessie I have some minimal documentation for setup here, if
you want to test it out:
https://wiki.proikt.com/wiki/Sssd

Regards,
Hans-Kristian