[Samba] Sysvol replication with Unison for more than 2 server.

Min Wai Chan dcmwai at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 02:16:39 MDT 2014

Dear All,

I've one question.

If you have run software deployment with GPO before.
You might be noticing a problem

If your software source are on the AD DC your deployment are ok (but that
don't make any sense right)

But if your software installation source are on the Member server, it will
fail by access to share fail...

And I wonder.
If that have something to do with the same problem we are talking now.

The UID/GID mapping for built-in Groups
-- I don't have the environment to test it now :)

But my tough was since the installation will be using local computer
administrator to install the software
The access from the Pc will be from these built-in group Samba have no
problem on that

But problem come from unix when the RID conversation to UID don't match...

Any tough?