[Samba] wbinfo slow

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat Oct 4 11:25:23 MDT 2014

Hello Christovam,

Am 04.10.2014 um 19:07 schrieb Christovam Paynes Silva:
>> I apologize if it is recurrent. But not yet found a solution.
>> I have a problem of slowness when running "wbinfo -u" command. Analyzing
>> the outputs of "strace" command, I noticed some timeout.
>> After several searches, I found information that indicated remove dead
>> domains. I do not have these domains. I performed a fresh installation.
>>
>> My scenario is a samba 3.6.6 with Debian, authenticating to Active
>> Directory 2012 This problem occurs slowly on a CentOS 6.5 also.

3.6.6 is quite old (>2.5 years) and the 3.6 series is already out of
maintainance will be discontinued completely soon. Do you have a change
to try a more recent version? There were been many improvements done in
the meantime and maybe your problem doesn't exist any more in the latest
versions.

Regards,
Marc