[Samba] Sysvol replication with Unison for more than 2 server.

Vash eros_comin at yahoo.it
Sat Oct 4 06:37:00 MDT 2014

Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> Yes they are, if you create a new user on a DC, it will replicate to any
> other DC's and if you examine the users SID on each DC, they will all be
> the same.

Sorry Rowland, you're right about SID, but... if user has not activated
rfc2307 and NIS, the uid/gid -> SID relationship could be different on each
servers.

You can read it in "Possible problems, when RFC2307 is not used" section of
this document:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Using_RFC2307_on_a_Samba_DC

That's what I meant before.

> There is if you want to ensure that the builtin users have the same
> xidNumbers on all DC's

So... Why is there the need of copy idmap.ldb if rfc2307 and NIS are activated?
Just to understand.

> Using rfc2307 should be the default (in my opinion), NIS extensions are
> the default. But having said that, this has nothing to do with the problem.

rfc2307 isn't the default.
Option --use-rfc2307 during domain provisioning is needed.

> correct, but as I said we really are discussing xidNumber's.

are xidNumber attribute stored in idmap.ldb?

--
Eros