[Samba] Sysvol replication with Unison for more than 2 server.

Vash eros_comin at yahoo.it
Sat Oct 4 02:46:13 MDT 2014

Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny <at> googlemail.com> writes:

Hello!

> Ahh, I dropped a right clanger there, when I said SID I meant RID, it
> would seem that when you join a DC to a domain, idmap.ldb does not get
> replicated to the new DC and so the RID's could be and probably are
> different. This is not really a problem, just copy idmap.ldb from the
> original DC to the new one.

SID and uid/gid are not replicated between DCs.
There is no need to copy idmap.ldb.
The right method should be to activate idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes and NIS
extensions.

Read this document:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Using_RFC2307_on_a_Samba_DC

Instead I think SID and RID should be in sync between DCs, because mapping
is stored in sam.ldb. Right?

--
Eros