[Samba] Samba 4 LDAP/LDB search speed

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Wed Oct 1 05:05:19 MDT 2014

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, Roel van Meer wrote:

> While testing, it seems that the S4 LDAP server is a lot slower than
> OpenLDAP.

I have also found that the S4 LDAP server is extremely slow compared to
OpenLDAP; I have seen as much as two orders of magnitude difference.
Indeed, we put all our automount maps, netgroups, mail aliases, etc on an
instance of OpenLDAP running on port 390 on the DC's, because the S4 LDAP
server is just too slow for the expected response times.

Steve