[Samba] Trouble connecting Windows 7 RSAT to a samba4 domain

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Oct 1 01:21:05 MDT 2014

if you use BIND dns. check if check-name ignore is set.
if not, bind rejects dns records with _ in it.

you can check if the records exists with :
host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.internal.domain.tld.
host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.internal.domain.tld.
host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.internal.domain.tld.
host -t SRV _kerberos._udp.internal.domain.tld.

Louis