[Samba] Strange KVNO updating

Bruno MACADRÉ bruno.macadre at univ-rouen.fr
Wed Oct 1 00:12:20 MDT 2014

Hi,

     I'm working in an educational environment so I've some obligations
that complicate my work. For example in all rooms of practical class all
the workstations are in dual boot (Win7 + XUbuntu 14.04). I've tried 2
solutions :

         1- Setting the same hostname to both OS, joigning Win7 to AD
and using the created (by joining) keytab on linux side for sssd.

         2- Setting different hostname to both OS, joigning Win7 to AD
and joigning linux to AD, using winbind for users and groups.

     I've chosen the first one (may be it's not the better choice....),
but actually I'm facing a strange problem... some times my keytab on the
Samba4 server is updated (KVNO incremented) without any human
intervention.... so my sssd on linux side can't speak with the server
anymore....

     Is anybody know why a keytab can change internaly ?

     Can Win7 change keytab (refresh or modify or anything else) when
any user using it ?

     I just want to understand why I have to upload new keytab on linux
side frequently ?

     I know this problem isn't really a samba problem, but I hope that
somebody on this list knows this behaviour...

     Thanks by advance,
     Best regards,
     Bruno.

--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Mob : +33 (0)6-74-71-45-64