[Samba] Samba 4 Create User Home Dir??

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Nov 30 06:36:12 MST 2014

On 30/11/14 13:52, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 30/11/14 10:18, steve wrote:

>>> Hi Steve (by the way, is this the real Steve ??), I wouldn't knock this
>>> guy if I were you, you might need his help one of these days:
>>>
>>> http://www.ictprovision.com/index.htm
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>>
>> That's OK isn't it? We agree with him. He doesn't seem like a waste of
>> time 'no you can't do that' admin to us at least. We're him, only in
>> Spain.
>> Saludos,
>> Steve (the doesn't want to work weekends one)
> Well, I agree with a lot of what he said, but not the way he said it,
> what I definitely agree with, is that the samba devs seem to be ignoring
> the platform that S4 is mainly running on, something they could easily
> change by just getting winbindd to pull **ALL** the RFC2307 attributes.
>
> Rowland
Hi
If I were a coder, I'd not be interested in anything that didn't
interest me. When you can work on reverse engineering smb3, rfc2307 must
seem mundane. Development appears to be at an all time low and anyway,
who are we to dictate what volunteer and hobbyist coders spend their
time upon? It is up to us to work around what we already have, not to
ask for irrelevancies. The DC works with Windows. We should not
pressurise by insisting any aspect of Unix work too, especially when we
have perfectly viable methods ourselves to do so.

Please can we have rfc2307, sysvol replication and those FS something
rôle things working on DCs?

Thanks,
(translated into English by) Steve