[Samba] Samba 4 Create User Home Dir??

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Sat Nov 29 13:33:42 MST 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> Well, I have several ways of doing it, I have a patched version of
> samba-tool (why has the patch for 'unixHomeDirectory' never made it into
> samba-tool? ) I also have a bash script that uses ldb-tools. Finally I have
> PHP5 web application that will do it. you can use ldbedit, in fact that are
> many ways to add 'unixHomeDirectory'.

I'm building a perl API for active directory on Samba 4, so I'll just put
that on my list.

If Samba ignores unixHomeDirectory, is there any real benefit from setting
it?  I'm going to configure SSSD, which appears to recognize home
directories correctly.

Greg J. Zartman
Board Member

Koozali Foundation, Inc.
2755 19th Street SE
Salem, Oregon 97302
Cell:  541-5218449

SME Server user and community member since 2000