[Samba] Samba 4 Create User Home Dir??

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 29 13:01:01 MST 2014

On 29/11/14 19:38, Greg Zartman wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Michael Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Of course it's bad. It's either a DC or it's not. S4 is so far off mark
>> it's untrue. No real business would entrust it's environment to S4 would
>> it? They'd just go out and buy a MS licence or 3. Good for hobbyists. home
>> users and tinkerers but in the real world, no.
>
> That's what I was trying to say, but I wasn't so elegant with my wording.
> :-)
>
> It seems odd that fairly simple file sharing functionality that's been
> around since Samba 2 requires two separate OS installations on Samba 4.

You know what Greg, I totally agree with you, why do you think I filed
the bug report? I sometimes think that the samba devs forget just what
platform Samba 4 runs on and then when I couldn't get the much vaunted
version 4.2 to pull all the RFC2307 attributes, I thought, just when
will it all work on **ONE** computer?

Rowland