[Samba] user name and computer name are the same

Allen Chen achen at harbourfrontcentre.com
Thu Nov 27 14:58:50 MST 2014

Hi there,

I have two Samba 4.1.13 AD DC up and running. Everything is working fine.
But today I found something weird with samba-tool. I couldn't add/remove one
particular user from group "Domain Admins"(not test with other groups).

The user name is "safeacc', and also I noticed that there is a computer
called "safeacc".
The following command runs successfully without err:
# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool group removemembers "Domain Admins"
safeacc

check with this command, "memberOf" is removed from the user safeacc: good
# /usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
cn=safeacc

but it still shows up from here:
# /usr/local/samba/bin/ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb
cn="Domain Admins"
But I can remove it from ADUC.

Is it allowed for a user and a computer have the same?
Or is it a bug with samba-tool?

Thanks,
Allen