[Samba] Changing password in PDC using a pre-hashed value

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 25 08:35:50 MST 2014

On 25/11/14 15:21, Emond Papegaaij wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 03:12:31 PM Rowland Penny wrote:
> <cut>
>> Kerberos -- Kerberos -- Kerberos
> <cut>
>> And just in case you haven't got it yet -- *KERBEROS*
> Ok, you seem very confident that Kerberos can solve our problems :) I'll dive
> into it. Thanks for the help so far.
>
> Best regards,
> Emond Papegaaij
OK, just forget how you do it now, just think 'I need to do this, can I
do with Active Directory and if so how' and I am very sure that you will
find that it will be easier with AD and Kerberos. When you search the
internet, search with 'Active Directory', some of the answers will refer
to windows, but you should be able to get gist from them.

Rowland