[Samba] Correct syntax for --home-directory option in samba-tool

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:01:48 MST 2014

On 24/11/14 16:01, Th Söldenwagner wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> thanks for the tip. Now the path is set correctly in ADUC, but the
> directory under the home-share still wasn't created.
> If I create a user from ADUC and set the path for the home directory
> and its drive letter the directory appears under the home-share as
> expected.
> Is the samba-tool broken?
> Thoralf

You say that the directory appears under the home-share, I take it this
on windows, have you tried to connect to the share ? As far as I know,
there is no automatic mechanism to create the users home directory on a
Unix machine when a user is created in ADUC, or with samba-tool.

There are workarounds, you can wrap a script around samba-tool to create
the users homedir after creation, or use pam_mkhomedir to create the
users homedir when they connect to it.

Rowland