[Samba] Tunning samba for better read performance

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Nov 20 04:20:06 MST 2014

Hai,

I just read this :
http://linuxengineering.wordpress.com/2014/08/03/performance-tuning-with-pogoplug-v4/
which says, ..  By default, Arch Linux ARM had an incorrectly tuned network stack.
We will correct this and optimize it for Gigabit Ethernet on a local area network.

Looks like your problem.

There are good tips in there, linux tuning, disk tuning and... samba tuning.
Go read it and try it and... be nice report your experiance back.

Greetz,

Louis